A birth in poverty is luck supreme!
A death in poverty, a great blessing;
A life of poverty is rare a dream;
Achievements great, stark poverty can bring.
This poverty that goads nations do feats;
This poverty that stimulates scientists;
In everything, poverty, wealth just beats;
The greatest men were in poverty’s lists.
And poverty lessens our worries much;
Account to God will be much easier;
Poverty gives the saint a divine touch;
In poverty, poets can fly higher!
Poverty helps to shun worldly pleasures;
A soul in poverty, Heaven allures.
Written by: John Celes
Please add some comments on why you chose this song. How does it make you feel?
ReplyDeleteYeah I want to know
ReplyDeletete haces XD
ReplyDeleteI chose the poem because I think that it shows the reality of poorest people. They are most concerned with well-being of family and doesn't matter the material things.
ReplyDeleteI felt sad when I read this poem because I consider (that) the society is not prepared to deal with this situation. In other hand, the government don't have real solutions for this problem. For this reason, Always will be a third-world country.
This poem sounds a bit like Mother Theresa of Calcutta. Poverty is not a blessing, it is a curse. Poverty is what the church/government uses to keep the population obedient. I see no glory in poverty at all.
ReplyDelete